To request a service, use the convenient Request a Service form here.
Or you can make a call to North Shore Village Member Services at 224.234.2450
The Village will either arrange for a volunteer or recommend service providers who can fulfill the request. In either case, the Village will follow up to ensure that the service was provided satisfactorily. Some examples of services available through North Shore Village:
• Home maintenance — changing light bulbs, hanging curtains or pictures, testing smoke detectors, making minor repairs, gutter cleaning, window washing
• Home repair/construction — handyman service, plumbers, locksmiths, animal control, etc.
• Food/meals — rides to the grocery store, meal preparation, meal delivery
• Personal affairs — help with bill paying, making appointments, organizing files, de-cluttering
• Living transitions — home packing and moving, shared living arrangements, moving to assisted living or hospice care
• At-home assistance — help with household chores, gardening, pet care, friendly visits, waiting for service providers or deliveries
• Medical advocacy — appointment-making assistance, companion and/or note-taker during medical appointments
• Technology assistance — de-mystifying your TV/DVD setup and controls; coaching in use of electronic equipment (cameras, scanners, printers), computer software tutoring