North Shore Village is a self-generating community that draws its strength from the diverse talents and interests of its members as well as a devoted group of volunteers who share their knowledge, their time, and their abilities with NSV. (Many of our members also serve as volunteers.) Whether providing rides, helping out in the office, or lending a hand with household chores, volunteers strengthen the sense of community that characterizes North Shore Village. Here are examples of how volunteers help:
• Driving members to appointments and grocery shopping
• Demystifying digital devices (cameras, computers, televisions and audio equipment)
• Watering your plants, collecting mail, checking your home while you're away
• Gardening advice; planting, pruning; seasonal cleanup
• Running errands
• Companionship and note-taking during medical appointments
• Another presence while "the cable guy," or a repair person comes to a member's home
• Minor household repairs and maintenance.
If you are interested in being a North Shore Village volunteer, you can download our application form here. All prospective volunteers must go through our vetting process, which includes a personal interview, background check, reference checks, and, if you are a volunteer driver, a motor vehicle records check.
Click here to read what Members are saying about NSV Volunteers.